Podcast1

Podcast 1

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

In Hearts Wake: Skydancer - Review

I listened to In hearts wake when they released their first album. I was blown away by their really mature sound and great breakdowns. However, I thought that this great band would not amount to much, seeing as the metalcore scene is so watered down these days. I stood corrected when the bands 2nd album Skydancer reached #1 on itunes top metal albums. I decided to check out their second album since I loved the first.

Skydancer is a great sophomore release for In hearts wake, mainly because its so memorable. Not just is there intense breakdowns, but the band has some great melodic parts in each song which bring a sort of "beauty" to each track. The lyrics of each song deals with some great world problems, such as sour relationships, suicide, and negativity, making this a really personal release.

If you are a fan of great metalcore, or even a fan of bands such as Devil Wears Prada, or Asking Alexandria, or even Parkway Drive, you will love this release.

Score: 9/10
Heaviness: 7/10






No comments:

Post a Comment