Podcast1

Podcast 1

Saturday, January 11, 2014

How to get into Metal Music: Part 1

So I have been asked by many of my friends "how can you enjoy music that you cannot understand". I can understand where they are coming from, I mean all that's in metal is loud growling, extreme guitar picking and fast paced blast beats from the drums. To that, I can say the same about Rap which usually has no passion or pop which all sounds the same. I can go on and on about other genres of music but the main point here is everyone finds beauty in their own favorite music whether it be Miley Cyrus or Cannibal Corpse. If you are here, you are interested in All the hype about metal music. I can say from the start that most metal is not on the radio nor is it on Tv, so be prepared to use the internet.

In this Blog Series I will go into detail about Metal music, as well as Hardcore punk and how you can easily enjoy it as if it were normal overplayed radio music. 

To start off I want you to get familiar with a couple websites I find very useful. 

1: lastfm.com
This site really is the best possible and the first I usually go to. It shows bands genres, similar artists, and streaming music. Awesome site

2:Wikipedia.org
Yes it's Wikipedia and gets a bunch of critisim but let's face it, we all use it.

3: metal-archives.com
This website shows you some good bands and where to buy their merch and all that good stuff. I use it rarely 

4: Facebook
Always a good way to find out where good bands are playing and where some good metal festivals are happening

I will be using these websites in this web series so feel free to get familiar with all of them (hopefully you're already familiar with Facebook)

Disclaimer: My upcoming g blogs contain pictures of which I do NOT own the rights to, I am not getting paid for this blog and all credit for the photos is not mine. This is strictly for educational purposes ONLY.


No comments:

Post a Comment